AX_PYTHON_DEVEL cross-compilation
Bartosz Gołaszewski
2018-04-16 16:06:54 UTC
Hello,

I'm using AX_PYTHON_DEVEL to setup the environment for building the
python bindings (C extensions) for a C library. It works fine until I
try to cross-compile it (either within Buildroot environment or using
the SDK generated by yocto).

The exact error I'm getting is:

configure: error:
Could not link test program to Python. Maybe the main Python library has been
installed in some non-standard library path. If so, pass it to configure,
via the LIBS environment variable.
Example: ./configure LIBS="-L/usr/non-standard-path/python/lib"
ERROR!
You probably have to install the development version of the Python package
for your distribution. The exact name of this package varies among them.

I'm seeing that in the yocto SDK libpython3.5m.so.1.0 exists both in
the target and host sysroots.

Any advice on what I'm doing wrong?
--
Best regards,